OTOW COMPUTER CLUB BYLAWS
Article II. Objectives
The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB shall not be conducted or operated for a profit and no money or assets shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual. The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB objectives are:
A. To foster and encourage development of member's technical skills in utilizing compatible computers and programs, and related equipment, as may be applicable to individual member's objectives and goals.
B. To provide
an informal atmosphere of fellowship, goodwill and camaraderie
through scheduled general and special interest
C. To obtain
OTOW COMPUTER CLUB owned and maintained computer, peripheral,
and related equipment for use for
D. To be a resource to OTOW individuals and organizations who seek counseling concerning applications of programs to their activities.
Article III. Organization
The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB shall be organized with a Board of Directors consisting of President, Vice President(s), Secretary(s), Treasurer(s) and at least three Board members elected at-large. The immediate Past President shall have the option of serving in an honorary position on the Board of Directors with a full vote.
A. Terms: The officers and at-large members of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the members at the annual meeting and serve for one year, or in the event of delay, until the election is held. Term shall conform to the term year January 1 thru December 31 of each year. (Amended April 1, 2017)
1. In the event of resignation or death, the Board shall appoint an interim officer or Board member.
2. In the absence of an officer or at-large Board member, the President shall be kept informed to insure that responsibilities be delegated if necessary.
B. Elections: Nominations of officers and at large Board members may be made from the floor, at the annual meeting on the third Saturday in November (amended April 1, 2017), in addition to those recommended by the Nominating Committee. Once the Nominating Committee has presented the new slate of officers, nominations will be open for one week. This is to ensure that the membership would still be able to nominate any new candidates from the floor. Persons so nominated must have agreed to serve if nominated and elected.
C. Fiscal Authority:
The Treasurer(s) are authorized to approve expenditures up to
$100.00. The President and/or the Board are
The Officers shall be President, Vice President(s),
1. President: The President shall be the chief executive officer and shall preside at all meetings of the Board and membership. The President, unless some other person specifically is authorized by vote of the Board of Directors, shall sign all written instruments of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB. He shall perform all duties commonly incident to the office.
2. Vice President: The Office of Vice President may consist of more than one Officer. He(they) shall be responsible for certain functions of the Computer Club as designated by the President and shall perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may designate.
3. Secretary: The Secretary shall keep accurate reports of the meetings of the Board of Directors and of special meetings of the membership and, shall perform all duties commonly incident to the office, and shall have such other powers as the Board of Directors may direct.
The Office of Treasurer may consist of more than one Officer with
interchangeable duties and, subject to the order of the Board
of Directors, shall have the care and custody of the money, funds,
valuable papers and documents of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB and shall
have and exercise the powers and duties commonly incident to his
office. The Treasurer shall keep
E. Membership: Any person who is a resident of On Top of the World is eligible for membership upon payment of annual dues. This membership shall remain in effect as long as the member continues to pay the dues in a timely manner.
F. Committees: All committees shall serve in an advisory capacity and report to the Board of Directors. The President and/or Board of Directors may appoint such committees.
Article IV. Meetings.
A. Membership meetings shall be held each Saturday of the year.
B. The Board of Directors shall meet at any time at the discretion of the President. Notice to the Board of such meetings may be given by telephone and/or email.
C. The annual meeting shall be held on the third Saturday of November each year at such place and hour as determined by the Board of Directors (amended April 8, 2017).
The computer club has established a “family membership” which allows a member to pay the sum of $ 30.00 per calendar year for this membership. The definition of “family membership” would include any husband and wife, or any immediate family member living in the same Top of the World dwelling.
B. Gender: It is intended that any mention of gender shall infer "he" or "she" and the title President shall infer "President" or "Chairperson".
Article VII. Release of Liability Statement
Neither the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB, it's Board of Directors, Officers or members take any express or implied responsibility for information that is supplied through the Club. All opinions and information should be considered carefully and neither the Club, it's speakers, the Board, Officers or members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the furnishing or use of information or opinions in the course of Club activities to fulfill our objectives to provide an informal atmosphere for the exchange of computer information.
Bob Charpentier, President